How Do I Know If I Have Social Anxiety?
Do you often feel worried and panicked in social situations? Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as Social Phobia, is extremely common. Social anxiety can cause someone extreme stress when thinking about or being in social situations. In order to determine if you have social anxiety, answer the questions below in your head, then read the symptoms of social anxiety to see if any resonate with you.
Questions about Social Anxiety
- Do you avoid social situations because of fear or anxiety?
- Do you feel nervous or afraid that others will evaluate you negatively in social settings?
- Do you feel anxious or thrown into a panic prior to social situations?
- Do you feel worry about experiencing blushing, sweating, stuttering or having trouble finding the right words in social settings?
- Do you feel as though other parts of your life (home life, work life, relationships) are affected due to your anxiety?
Symptoms of Social Anxiety
- Becoming disproportionately nervous in social situations
- Fear of meeting people of authority
- Panic attacks or severe anxiety when entering a feared situation
- Refraining from certain activities due to anxiety
- Physical symptoms:
- Discomfort & Lightheadedness
- Clammy hands
- Dry mouth
What Should I Do Next?
There are ways to effectively combat and overcome your social anxiety and my team would very much like to help you do that. Please contact your Hermosa Beach Therapist at (310) 892-2572 to schedule an appointment today.