What Your Favorite Season Might Say About You
Whether you love soaking up the sun while lounging by the pool, or bundling up in layers by a warm, toasty fire, your favorite season can reveal more than just your preferred weather. Your favorite time of year can actually reveal a lot about your personality! As your trusted choice for therapy in the Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach area, it’s my goal to not only provide high quality counseling services, but to also share interesting ways to gain more insight into yourself and what makes you tick. So whether you thrive in the summer, fall, winter, or spring, read on to discover what your favorite season says about you.
Maybe you love the time off, perfect weather, or minimal amount of clothing. Whatever it is, if summer brings you feelings of warmth and happiness, then this may be your season. If that’s the case, then it could mean you are:
- Free Spirited: Summer is the time for free spirited individuals to thrive. With the lack of schedule, lazy afternoons, freedom from layers and layers of clothing, there is no time to be more free and independent than in the summer.
- Optimistic: When the sun comes out, so does your sunny personality.
- Confident: You’re comfortable in your own skin, which is perfect for bikini season and summer dresses or boardshorts and bare chests.
- Outgoing: When summer arrives, you take advantage of all the opportunities that come your way. Whether it’s a spontaneous weekend getaway or a simple day at the beach, you make the most of your summertime freedom.
If you look forward to family filled holidays, comfort foods, and fall colored leaves then fall just might be your season. For the fall lovers, this could mean that you are:
- Traditionalist: You value your time with your family and friends and love celebrating the holidays, which may be one of the reasons why you treasure the start of the holiday season.
- Social: With family get-togethers and holiday parties, the fall is ideal for those who are social butterflies.
- Easy Going: No matter the occasion, you can have fun doing anything. Whether it’s dressing up for a Halloween party, or watching the Thanksgiving parade on TV, you will always manage to have a great time.
- Family Oriented: Your family and friends are your priority, and during this start to holiday season there is no better time to show them that. From gift giving to simply going to holiday parties, you will always be surrounding yourself with people that you care about.
Those who can’t wait to throw on multiple layers while sipping hot cocoa near a toasty fire are probably winter lovers as well. If this sounds ideal to you, then it could mean you are:
- Introverted: Being snowed in would be no problem for you. You naturally enjoy a little more alone time, or quality time with those who you are closest with, like your children and family.
- Decisive: Making a decision is not typically hard for you. Whether it’s selecting gifts for others or deciding to go out, you know what you want and you will make this known.
- Loyal: Though you may keep your group of friends small, those you let in are important to you. Your family and those you are close to are your priority, and you would do anything for them.
Most commonly known as the season of new beginnings, spring brings many individuals some reenergizing hope for a fresh start. Yet, for spring lovers this season may mean more than a clean slate. For the spring lovers, this could mean that you are:
- Energetic: Whether it’s trying out something new or simply cleaning out your room, your upbeat personality constantly finds the energy to try new ideas, activities, or projects.
- Creative: You are constantly thinking of new ideas, whether it’s trying new things, creating a piece of art, or fixing a problem.
- Leader: No matter what you set your mind to, you get it done. It could be one of your many ideas, or in a group environment.
Contact Your Manhattan Beach Therapist Today!
If you enjoyed this blog or simply want to understand yourself more, feel free to contact me today. I provide various forms of therapy, so if you’re looking for a counselor in the Hermosa Beach, CA area, please feel free to get in touch with me or any of our staff therapists. To schedule an appointment time, just give me a call at 310-892-2572 or use my online contact form to get in touch. I hope to hear from you soon!